Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I will bless the Lord at all times...

Today I'm both encouraged and challenged by something I've just read. "There are two kinds of people, complainers and worshippers. Complainers will always find a reason to complain and worshippers will always find a reason to worship"- (In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day) What a simplistic truth that causes me to approach each and every circumstance with careful attention. The challenges and situations each new day provides are simply a series of opportunities; opportunities to complain and quickly find myself drowning beneath discouragement, or opportunities to worship The God who is still and always will be in control. The more I understand who He is, the more I understand that what He has scripted for my life is a far greater adventure than I could ever have penned for myself. When I willingly yield in trust to His divine authorship of my days, more and more I find myself resting, and trusting, and thanking; grateful for the ever-increasing reasons I'm discovering that He is far beyond worthy of my constant attitude of gratitude. I pray whatever tomorrow brings, my heart would continue to respond "I WILL bless the Lord at all times. His praise will continually be in my mouth!"-Ps. 34:1

1 comment: