Wednesday, June 24, 2009

the edge of our seats...

Lately I have this, "edge of my seat" kind of anticipation for what The Lord is doing, not just in my life but in the lives of so many people around me. It seems to be that a great number of people who are actively pursuing an intimate relationship with God are experiencing this same inner stirring- God is up to something. Now I know He's always "up to something"-that's His nature- but it seems to be there's this great urgency on the inside of so many people, a "Christmas Eve" type of antsy awaiting and awareness, that would point towards a new thing He's doing. The Bible speaks of many great and also terrible things to come in the last days, including the pouring out of God's Spirit. It would seem to me that He has already begun that pouring out His Spirit and stirring up His people in profound ways. And really, if we're not here as His disciple to live a crazy courageous life in response to this stirring, what are we doing? We have the same opportunity afforded to a handful of "misfit nobodies" who turned the world upside down by leaving the lives they knew and following Christ. Beth Moore says, "I want to live until I die." Simple, I know. Yet, this simple phrase has resonated with me recently and gnawed at my heart. I want to live...really live...until I die. I know how many days of life I've wasted, I can recount the days I've forfeited to the enemy. But as the song "He Loves" says, "I don't have time to maintain these regrets", I only have time to live. To live with and on purpose. I'm not interested in retirement, I believe the best days are yet to come for us who would throw caution to the wind, "sell all we have", and follow Him. I'm suddenly discovering that I'm far more valiant and courageous than I ever thought before. God has breathed a fresh breath of life into my once weary and dry bones and there is a great destiny waiting ahead. This is the passionate eagerness I hear echoed in the lives of so many Christians right now and I wonder just what this world will look like, as we move from the edge of our seats to the center of His will...

No comments:

Post a Comment