Saturday, June 20, 2009

...in it.

On half a cup of coffee and very very little sleep, I find myself at the keyboard contemplating and considering the topic of this blog. I toss a few ideas around within myself that I decide will wait for another time. I decidedly settle upon what was on my heart this morning as I shook myself awake from the abbreviated night of slumber; "This is the day that the Lord has made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it". Perhaps one of the earliest verses I learned in Sunday school, and yet daily I purpose to rise with it etched freshly on my heart and mind. My Pastor has always reminded and urged us to challenge ourselves by literally speaking to ourselves, "self....."(filling in the blank with whatever action is necessary and vital to rousing and commanding the sluggish, rebellious flesh of ours). In light of this simple but highly effective method, I have determined to awake each new day with the attitude of, "Kim, this day was made and created for you by God Himself, whatever it delivers to the threshold of your life today , you will rejoice and be glad right in the midst of it. And Kim, understand that this is not a request, it is both a command and a choice that you will make on purpose and with joy!" Here at the culmination of this blog is where I'd love to say that I, being perfect, then rise each and every day walking in this perfectly rejoicing attitude of perfection and thus experience perfect circumstances. However, being that I am more than slightly imperfect, I will simply say that it is a challenge that I willingly accept and embrace daily. I find great peace in the constant reminder that He who made my today is well aware of the most finite details of it and if for no other reason than that, I continue to remind myself to rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment