Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"impossible" possibilities...

To be open to God's will is to be open to "impossible" possibilities, for truly NOTHING is impossible for God. He looks to show Himself strong, to captivate us with His extravagant love, to defy all the odds, to take us by surprise,to restore hope,and to resurrect things dead and forgotten. Recently I have sensed the Lord challenging me to allow Him access to an area of my heart long-since closed off. I have felt Him inviting me to believe in the possibilities that He might just have a plan (that I have yet to figure out) that far surpasses my wildest dreams.

It is a difficult thing to come out from behind the walls that have served as protection for so long. But these walls are mere counterfeits. Only He is the Guardian and Keeper of our hearts. Yielding to the plans that He has lovingly authored means responding to His drawing and His inviting us into the place of intimate surrender. He will not pry and He will not force, but He will be patient, for He is Love.

Today I will choose to allow God continued access to my heart, trusting that He knows me infinitely better than I even know myself. Today I will resist my resistance to Him, repeatedly if necessary. Today I will come out from behind walls that are poorly constructed hiding places and grant Him the right to have His way. I sense Him ever-so-present, ready and willing to take my breath away. He is altogether stunning and I stand and will stay amazed...He is truly so much more than words could ever say!!! I will not make Him pry my tender heart open, but I hand it over willingly, open to the "impossible" possibilities that just might be in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment